Hello Bio Early Career Scientist Grants available now - it's easy and quick to apply!
Every month Hello Bio will carry out a draw and award a grant of $500 to an early career life scientist to support them with their scientific career. The grant can be used for anything that will help your scientific career – examples could be:
- Fees associated with publishing in open access journals (eg. Article Processing Charges).
- Virtual conference registration fees
- Travel expenses to a conference
- Or anything else to help support your research & career!
There are no complicated rules or terms and conditions – there are just a few requirements:
- you need to be a current life science post-graduate or post-doctoral researcher, and you must have received your highest degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) within the past 10 years
- you must provide a description of what the money will be used for
- and after you have submitted your application, you will need a short statement from your supervisor / PI to confirm your application.
Assuming that the above requirements are met, your application will be entered into a draw and the winner will be selected at random. Hello Bio will post details of the winners on this page. You can see previous winners of our travel grant awards here.
Terms and Conditions
- One Early Career Scientist Grant award will be allocated every month.
- A draw will be made on the first Thursday of each month. Anyone who has submitted an eligible application in the month prior to the draw will be included.
- You may only enter one application per month.
- You may enter each month but to be fair to all – if you win an award, you will not be eligible to enter again for a period of 12 months.
- Winners will be notified immediately and announced monthly.
- Winners must respond to our communication within 4 working days or the grant will be offered to another entrant.
- If winners intend to use the grant for publishing or presenting, they ask that you acknowledge Hello Bio’s financial support on your poster, or in your paper, and to please send us a copy upon publication.
- As is usual with these sorts of things – Hello Bio does reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.