The overall benefit is to be in a position to promote the study of harmful algae by implementing the objectives of the Society, as outlined in Article 5 of the Statutes. More specifically, the membership benefits are summarized, below.
Benefits of ISSHA Membership
- Receive a registration discount for the International Conferences on Harmful Algae (ICHA).
- Purchase inexpensive proceedings of the International Conference on Harmful Algae when edited by ISSHA, through the ISSHA webshop.
- Be a part of a Society that will:
- sponsor the International Conferences on Harmful Algae (ICHA);
- support student travel to ICHA;
- write letters of support for specific needs of HAB researchers;
- foster specific research directions;
- identify special topics to be addressed;
- implement special projects;
- promote public awareness of the social, economic and ecological effects caused by harmful algae;
- organize "virtual conferences" on the Internet;
- support the implementation of training courses and workshops that will advance the needs of Society members;
- offer achievement awards in the field of harmful alga research.
- Access information on the ISSHA website, including:
- Access information from and provide information to a special ISSHA section of Harmful Algae News, an IOC publication distributed to over 2000 people worldwide.
- Communicate with the membership using the ISSHA mailing list.
- Propose and support regional initiatives for HAB research, with the backing of the Society.
- As a member of ISSHA you have the possibility of making donations to ISSHAs achievement awards, ISSHAs student presentation award and ISSHAs travel award. Donations are made through the ISSHA web shop
We welcome your membership. Please use the link below to fill out the on-line membership registration form.You will be directed to a secure page to pay for the membership (using PayPal).